Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Banana Bread Revisited

My aunt gave us some homemade pear butter for Christmas. I wasn't sure how to use it, but I got an idea to put it in my banana bread. So, I altered the recipe.

Pear Banana Bread



The only difference between my original recipe and this one is that instead of four bananas, I used three bananas and 1/3 cup of pear butter, and instead of nutmeg, I used pumpkin pie spice. I also omitted the vanilla, but that was purely by accident (it tastes just as good without it). You can find my original banana bread recipe here.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great idea to do a pear and banana combo!

Joanna Eberhart said...

Thanks! The pear was not incredibly noticible since it's such a mild flavor, but it changed it a little bit and made it so much more moist!