Saturday, February 14, 2009

Be My Valentine Blueberry Pancakes

Walter and I had our first date on Valentine's Day five years ago. Naturally, it is very special to us. :)

Blueberry Pancakes



My heart pancakes are not as creative and lovely as Erin's, but Walter did enjoy them quite a bit. The mould I used was a silicone one that came with a large spatula (great for flipping pancakes) from Michaels. I got the recipe from the same page I got the baking mix recipe. I used the last two cups of my baking mix today!



Ingredients
-2 cups baking mix
-1 1/3 cup milk
-1 egg
-Blueberries to your liking
I also added one teaspoon vanilla.

Directions

1. Preheat griddle to 375 degrees.
2. Combine baking mix, milk, egg, and vanilla (if using) and mix until smooth.
3. Pour batter onto griddle. Sprinkle blueberries on top of batter. Cook for about two minutes, until the top begins to bubble and the sides are beginning to stiffen. Flip and cook for another two minutes.

2 comments:

ErinsFoodFiles said...

That mold sounds really cool. Your pancakes looks YUMMY!

Donna-FFW said...

Perfect for today. Bet they were yummy!!