Friday, November 28, 2008

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake

I have two more Thanksgiving dinners to attend. This one is for my father's side.

White Chocolate Pumpkin Cheesecake



I got this recipe from a friend and modified it a bit. I'll just post my final recipe.

Ingredients
-2 cups cinnamon graham cracker crumbs (about 2 sleeves)
-1 cup plus 2 Tablespoons of sugar, divided
-1/4 cup butter, melted
-3 (8oz) packages cream cheese, softended
-3/4 cup pumpkin puree
-3/4 cup white chocolate, melted
-3 eggs
-1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
-1 teaspoon vanilla extract
-2 Tablespoons caramel sauce for topping

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. For crust, combine graham cracker crumbs (I used a blender to crush them quickly) with melted butter and 2 Tablespoons of sugar. Mix together and press into a lightly greased 9-in. springform pan. Set aside.
3. For filling, mix cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth. Add pumpkin, white chocolate, eggs, vanilla, and pumpkin pie spice, and mix until combined. Pour into springform pan and place pan on in a shallow baking pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 55 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken. Let cool for 10 minutes, then remove from pan and drizzle caramel topping over the cake. Chill until ready to serve.

2 comments:

atomicliving said...

OMG this looks SO GOOD! You do like pumpkin, don't you? I had intentions of taking our two pumpkins that have been staring at me from our porch to make into seeds baked and pie and today at breakfast the hubby and I watched a squirel devour the things before our eyes! It was hysterical! It really made me think how wasteful we are that we grow a very bountiful food source to just look at for one day and then laugh as vermin eat it! We are a spoiled country, non?

Joanna Eberhart said...

I didn't think I liked pumpkin before this year, but I liked both the pumpkin fudge and this cheesecake, so I guess I was wrong! And yes, we are a very spoiled country, but I can't say I don't like it. ;)