Thursday, January 15, 2009

Blueberry and Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins

The high today was supposed to be roughly eleven. So far, it has not gotten beyond eight. It's a great day to stay inside and bake.

Blueberry and Cherry Chocolate Chip Muffins



I still had ten cups of baking mix after the waffles, so I thought I'd make some muffins. Today I made two kinds: Blueberry and Cherry Chocolate Chip. I am going to send most of them with Walter to his co-worker's house. The original muffin recipe came from the same site linked above with the baking mix.



Ingredients
-2 cups baking mix
-2 Tablespoons sugar
-1 egg
-2/3 cup milk (I used liquid non-dairy creamers instead. For the blueberry, I used French Vanilla. For the cherry chocolate chip, I used CoffeeMate's Black Cherry Struedel)
-1 cup blueberries/1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease muffin or mini-muffin pans and set aside.
2. Combine first four ingredients and mix until smooth. Fold in blueberries or chocolate chips. Fill muffin pans 3/4 full of batter. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes at 400 degrees. Let cool 1-2 minutes in pan, then transfer to wire cooling racks to cool completely.

2 comments:

What's Cookin Chicago said...

What a great combo of fruits!

Joanna Eberhart said...

The cherry chocolate chip tasted like chocolate-covered cherries. They were fantastic!